Cooking in a pressure cooker is much easier and most importantly faster than using other utensils. Furthermore, it saves energy and products that you have decided to prepare, do not change their taste qualities, whereas even become more delicious. The pressure cooker is a true helper for those of you who do not have much time to spend in the kitchen.
There is nothing complicated in using a pressure cooker, nor there is something new. Modern pressure cookers can reduce the time for preparation of the product between 30 to 60%. The exact percentage depends on the size, but also on the origin of the utensil. If you happened to cook beans for hours, then note that the pressure cooker can not have a similar problem. Ultimately, it depends on the variety of beans, but an average of 1 hour and 15 minutes they will be cooked and ready to sauté.
Meat can also be cooked very easy and fast, no matter the type. It becomes brittle and juicy, and you have already saved enough time to garnish it. To be able to prepare some treats in the pressure cooker, you should know what is the technology of cooking.
What To Bear In Mind When Using A Pressure Cooker
Most of these devices are sold with instructions for use, but there are some general rules that we can mention.
1. When you cook with this type of pan, fill 2/3 of its volume at the most. It won't be difficult to determine the amount, because all the pots have an indication how far the most you can fill.
2. Preparation time starts not when placing the pressure cooker on the stove, but only after steam begins to blow. This means that the liquid is boiling. At this point of cooking, you should turn down the heat at the lowest point.
3. When you open the pressure cooker, do not try to press or apply extreme force. There is an easy way to open the cover, which is described in the user guide.
4. The probability for a product to burn in a pressure cooker is minimal, because the liquid does not evaporate, as it usually does during cooking.
5. The lid must be tightly sealed in order to obtain successful seal. And most importantly - never cook with a pressure cooker without filling it with water beforehand! This is a number 1 rule for a safe kitchen when using such an appliance.
The pressure cooker can be used for everything you do on the stove - stews, vegetarian and local dishes, soups and many others. Soup processing time including the preparation of the products is about 30 minutes. Depends what soup you decide to cook. Everything is tender and cooked well enough.
Pressure cooker can save you time if you decide to cook your macaroni for breakfast, too. It will take at least two times less than in a conventional casserole. Beloved cooked corn here is boiled for 20 minutes at the most. Place the grill at the bottom, which each cooker should have and add water till the product is half-way under it. Amazingly, you can cook boiled potatoes for around 5-10 minutes. Here's an idea for a delicious, quick and easy recipe for unexpected guests.
Mushroom Cream Stew In a Pressure Cooker
- Meat - chicken, pork, beef - cut into chunks.
- Sliced mushrooms - it will be even easier if they come straight out of the jar.
- Onion - 1 head chopped finely.
- Carrot - sliced on wheels.
- Mushroom powder cream.
- Glass of white wine
- Spices to taste
- Oil and water
Sauté or fry the meat and vegetables, add the preferable spices, the wine and the water. Finally, pour the cream soup powder, mix well, close the pressure cooker and 30 minutes after turning the valve, the dish is ready.
Cooking in a pressure casserole is advised by many oven professionals in Deal, London - it also decreases the amount of splatters you will have to clean later.
Last Minute Tips
If you like home-made canned food that require sterilization - compotes, home-made chutney, etc., naturally, in small jars, you can make it in a pressure cooker.